Sunday, July 15, 2007

Keepin it in the family

So a few months back, as I told her about our plans to furnish our new place completely in recycled and vintage furniture, appliances, etc., my GTA born-and-bred girl Alli mentioned that her grandparents were moving out of their place, and might have a big old table for us. With grandparents it can go either way, but Alli doesn't seem the type to have shelves of china dogs in her family so I asked her to send photos. The attached is a bit blurry, but just look at the line on that leg. 25+ years old, solid Danish teak. Closed, the whole thing is as long as I am, while opened it could fit all eight of my brothers and sisters plus Mr. O and myself comfortably. You'll also notice a matching sideboard – how I love it when things come with matching sideboards! Needless to say Alli is happy to keep it in the family, and we are proud to have our very first piece of grownup furniture, complete with history, no assembly required. Anybody willing and able to lend a hand to drag the beast home from Kingston will earn him- or herself a place around it, fo sho.

No comments: