Monday, October 22, 2007

THE CHECKLIST - REVISED

FORMS (which are all online here)

For me:
-Application to Sponsor and Undertaking CHECK
-Sponsorship agreement CHECK
-Sponsorship evaluation CHECK

For him:
-In-Canada Application for Permanent Residence and Schedule 1 CHECK despite Mr. O's swearing at trying to fit all kinds of educational information into tiny little fields (solution: attach an extra sheet) and trying to remember every address he's lived at over the past 10 years – about 10 in 3 or 4 different cities. I can't even remember the address of the last place we lived in
-Spouse/common-law partner questionnaire TK - this one is tricksy, with all kinds of hidden documents required, such as proof of relationship, common residence, etc., so it is really 7 or 8 docs in one.

For both of us:
-Document checklist CHECK (how meta)

PHOTOCOPIES (not certified)

For me:
-proof of Canadian citizenship, i.e. passport or birth certificate CHECK

For him:
-passport (photo page and page with stamp of most recent entry to Canada) CHECK
-indication of status in Canada (i.e. work visa) CHECK
-birth certificate, er, population record CHECK
-original police certificates (i.e. not photocopies) CHECK
-proof of medical examination (copy of receipt) CHECK

For both:
-photocopy of marriage certificate CHECK
-photographs of the marriage, if applicable (huh?)

PHOTOS
-2 of him

PROOF OF INCOME
-a letter from my employer CHECK (delay: 1 week)
-an original Option C printout of my last notice of Assessment for the most recent taxation year along with printouts of all income slips (T4, etc.) CHECK - sort of. Fun with taxes! The nice CRA woman sent me the empty printout of my Canadian record, which unfortunately but understandably still listed me as single. To this I attached a copy of my Finnish tax statement, a translation of that (thanks Kristian!) and a letter explaining it all. (delay: 1 week)

FEES
-receipt from online payment - Following the advice in the guide, this is the last thing we'll do

At least we're getting closer. Each time I sit down I think we'll finish before I get up, but so far it hasn't happened. My docs held us up two weeks, and we still haven't filled in the last few forms.

No comments: