Thursday, November 8, 2007

Finland in TO

Ah, the expat social calendar is filling up. What's on the agenda? Drooling drunken kossu-fueled pikkujoulut? Nah. Pity.


Saturday Nov 24, Toronto Finnish Theatre Co (sorta like the Finn Brit Players but in reverse, shudder) presents a comedy in Finnish: Suur-Jussilan isännän kompleksi. Don't tell me: a post-modern Seven brothers?

Tuesday Nov 27, Suomi-Koti Outreach Program presents a cheery speaker, Tohtori Veli Ylänkö, speaking on "Preparing for death". Musical guests for the evening are Mikko ja Kari, otherwise known as Kaksi miestä ja kitara.

Friday Nov 30, Finland's' 90th independence day gala, at the Granite Club, featuring keynote speaker Ossi Kervinen, Director of Public Relations, Defense Command Finland. Tickets a steal at $100 a pop, but warning, first come first served.

I couldn't make this stuff up.

1 comment:

Karri said...

I think I just peed my pants... And knowing that it's all true makes it even funnier.